"Azov Optomechanical Plant" JSC
The enterprise was formed in 1946 under the name of Azovselmash. Its first military products were mines and antitank grenades. In the 1960s the plant entered new areas of activities. In 1966, the enterprise was renamed into Azov Optomechanical Plant; in 1988 it acquired the status of industrial assosiation, comprising, besides the parent enterprise, the central design bureau, plants in Baku and Rostov-on-Don, and Spektr production facility in the Rostov region. In recent years the industrial assosiation has focused on production of optical and optronic systems for precision-guided weapons, onboard thermal-vision and heat-seeking systems and communications control systems. The enterprise manufactures night vision goggles for helicopter crews to survey outside scenes at night, and a set of helicopter lighting equipment to ensure round-the-clock helicopter flight operations. It also manufactures a wide variety of civil-purpose products: modern medical equipment, high-speed industrial sewing machines, consumer optics, high-frequency mulatiplexing phone systems, agricultural machinery, etc.