The enterprise's predecessor, Kuibyshev Mechanical Plant, was established in accordance with the resolution of the State Defence Committee of the USSR of December 25, 1941 on the basis of plants evacuated from Podolsk, Izhorsk and Taganrog. It was housed on the site of an unfinished plant, originally intended for the construction of the Kuibyshev hydroelectric power station. During the war the plant manufactured armour for warplanes.
In January 1942 the plant manufactured the first batch of armoured bodies for the famed II-2 striker aircraft and since the second quarter of 1942, having launched mass-production of components, it made deliveries of armoured bodies for the II-2s, as well as armor protection sets for the Tu-2, Pe-2, Pe-8, Yak-1, Yak-3, La-5, II-4 and other warplanes, produced by different aircraft-building plants of the country (altogether about 16,000 sets).
Since October 1944 it manufactured armoured bodies also for the II-10 striker.
In the late 1950s the plant launched the production of gas generators and solid propellant engines. Nowdays the enterprise also specializes in tooling and welding of metals and high-tension alloy steels as well as machine assembly operations. The enterprise has lauched the production of seamless stel cylinders, using an advanced roll-forging method. The plant delivers elements of component articles to leading enterprises of Tactical Missiles Corporation, and special protection means for aircraft and helicopters.