"Zavod Kulakova"

JSC “Zavod Kulakova” is the oldest enterprise in Russia which produces low-voltage equipment for ships and vessels. It is an affiliate of JSC “Concern “Granit-Electron” since 2006, and as a part of it was incorporated by the Tactical Missiles Corporation in 2018.

In 1870 entrepreneur Nikolay Geysler set up a telegraph & telephone repair workshop in Saint-Petersburg. In short time the workshop grew into an electromechanical plant, which became one of the state-of-the-art enterprises in Saint-Petersburg. The plant specialized on production of ship telegraph & telephone, propulsion control systems, electrical test equipment, works for mounting and installation of telephone stations for big cities was also realized.
In 1922 the plant was renamed as Kulakov Petrograd telegraph & telephone plant in honor of Alexey Kulakov, who was a participant of the revolutionary movement.
During early 1930s loud-speakers, electric meter, telegraph networks and telephone apparatus were batch-produced. During the Great War the plant produced defense items, including submachine guns.
After the War production of low-voltage equipment for ships was recovered. New equipment upgraded and modernized. Due to this the product list was increased up to 2,800 items. Production of civil goods was also in force.
The plant specializes on development and production of low-voltage equipment, automatic control systems of communication systems, electronic units, special-purpose systems for vessels of all kinds.

Main production types are:
- Shipborne control systems;
- Batteryless command-communication system;
- Engine-room and steering telegraphs;
- Rudder indicators, control receivers;
- Switching boards;
- Navigating lights switching board;
- Sound and light alarm breakers;
- Control locks and commutators for ships.