"Zavod "Dagdizel"

JSC “Zavod “Dagdizel” is one of the oldest diesel-building and torpedo-building plants in Russia.

It was founded May 19, 1937, when it produced the first batch of pilot products. The plant soon reached its estimated capacity, as 134 torpedoes were supplied to the Navy in 1939, 628 - in 1940 and 3246 - in 1941.
During World War II the plant produced aircraft and depth bombs, anti-aircraft projectiles, mines, company and battalion mortars, submachine guns and Czech hedgehogs. The plant was evacuated to Alma-Ata in 1942, but it was reconstructed on the same spot in 1944 and began producing air-launched torpedoes.
Diesel-building, which was a new field of work for the plant, was mastered in 1948. The plant received a new name in 1966: “Dagdizel”.
The plant was awarded the Order of Lenin in 1971 and the Order of the October Revolution in 1983 due to its great performance in production and creating special machinery.
The enterprise was incorporated by Tactical Missiles Corporation as part of JSC “Concern “Sea Underwater Weapon - Gidropribor” in 2015.

Nowadays the plant is mainly engaged in designing and creating marine underwater weapons and diesel-building. All means of modern production are implemented at the plant.

Main production types:
- marine underwater weapons for the Navy;
- industrial and shipborne diesel engines;
- electric welding machines;
- land- and sea-based diesel power plants;
- fittings for ventilation and conditioning systems used on ships, boats and vessels;
- agricultural, building and food-producing machines;
- high-pressure radial piston pumps.