Ship-based Missile Weapon Complex with “Yakhont” Anti-ship Missiles
Ship-based missile weapon complex (SMWC) with “Yakhont” unified supersonic homing anti-ship missile (ASM) is intended to destroy surface and shore-based targets under conditions of enemy organized counterfire and electronic countermeasures.
The basic destroyed targets are the ships of ship strike forces (SSF), convoys, assault units, boat strike forces (BSF), as well as single warships and surface stationary targets. In addition the SMWC is able to destroy a wide range of ground stationary targets.
SMWC is exploited and deployed in all weather conditions (snow, rain, fog) and at any time of day and year.
ASM «Yakhont» control system is independent with the inertial navigation system, radio altimeter and radar system of homing guidance to the target in the trajectory terminal phase. Warhead is traditional and of 200 kg mass. Sustainer is ramjet engine. Booster is solid-propellant propulsion system.
The Complex was designed as universal for armament of various class surface ships and submarines.
- ASM «Yakhont» in transporting and launching canister (the number is defined by Customer considering the deployment capability on the specific platform);
- Shipboard fire control system (FCS) – 1 set;
- Launchers – 1 set;
- Set of loading equipment – 1 set;
- Ground complex with the automated checkout equipment (COE) – 1 set;
- Training aids – 1 set;
- SPTA – 1 set;
- Operational documentation – 1 set in Russian and English languages.
Thanks to composition and implementation of the basic elements the SMWC can be adapted for deployment conditions on the concrete Navy ship of Customer.
SMWC solves combat task with the minimum target data including the information on type and composition of targets to be destroyed, their coordinates and detection time.
Designer and manufacturer: Military Industrial Corporation NPO Mashinostroyenia.
Performance Flight range of a single missile, km:
- along the combined trajectory (length of the combined trajectory terminal phase is up to 40 km)
up to 300
- along the low-altitude trajectory
ASM launch weight, kg
Warhead weight, kg
Flight velocity, m/sec:
- at the altitude of 10-15 m
- in cruise phase at the altitude of 14000 m
ASM length inside canister, mm
ASM diameter inside canister, mm
ASM wing span, mm