“Bastion” Mobile Shore-based Missile Complex
“Bastion” mobile shore-based missile complex (MSMC) with “Yakhont” unified supersonic homing anti-ship cruise missile (ASM) is intended for destruction of surface and shore-based targets under conditions of enemy organized counterfire and electronic countermeasures.
The basic destroyed targets are ships from ship strike forces (SSF), convoys, assault units, boat strike forces (BSF), as well as single warships and surface stationary targets. In addition the MSMC is able to destroy a wide range of ground stationary targets.
MSMC is exploited and deployed in all weather conditions (snow, rain, fog) and at any time of day and year. ASM «Yakhont» control system is independent with inertial navigation system, radio altimeter and radar system of homing guidance to the target in the trajectory terminal phase. Warhead is traditional and of 200 kg mass. Sustainer is ramjet engine. Booster is solid-propellant propulsion system
The Complex is deployed on wheeled chassis.
The basic MSMC «Bastion» set includes:
- ASM «Yakhont» in transporting and launching canister – 8 nos.;
- Mobile launchers (ML) – 4 nos.;
- Combat vehicle – 1 piece;
- The set of equipment realized in terms of the main command post module (MCP module) for information and technical interface of the Complex combat means with the Customer country higher command levels – 1 piece;
- Transporting and loading vehicles (TLV) – 4 nos.;
- Combat alert vehicle – 1 piece;
- Technical maintenance means complex (TMMC) including automated checkout equipment (COE) – 1 set;
- Training aids – 1 set;
- SPTA – 1 set;
- Operational documentation – 1 set in Russian and English languages.
The composition of division set may be clarified as per the specific requirements of Customer country.
By agreement with Customer MSMC «Bastion» can also include reconnaissance and targeting assets.
MSMC «Bastion» solves combat task with the minimum target data including information on the type and composition of targets to be destroyed, their coordinates and detection time.
Designer and manufacturer: Military Industrial Corporation NPO Mashinostroyenia
Performance Flight range of a single missile, km:
- along the combined trajectory (length of the combined trajectory terminal phase is up to 40 km)
up to 300
- along the low-altitude trajectory
up to 120
ASM launch weight, kg
Warhead weight, kg
Flight velocity, m/sec:
- at the altitude of 10-15 m
- in cruise phase at the altitude of 14000 m
ASM length inside canister, mm
ASM diameter inside canister, mm
ASM wing span, mm
Altitude of MAL launch sites, m
up to 3000
above the sea level