Kh-31A Medium-range Anti-ship Airborne Missile
The Kh-31A high-speed anti-ship airborne missile is designed to engage warships of different type, including destroyers, navigating both autonomously and within naval attack groupings.
The Kh-31A missile can be effeciently launched either independently or in salvo, in fair and adverse weather, clutter and active jamming conditions, against preplanned targets and targets of opportunity.
The missile is equipped with a high-precision active radar homing head and a radio-altimeter. The active radar homing head can operate in the pre-launch and en route (post-decent) target designation modes. It ensures target acquisition and selection, determination of target coordinates (range, azimuth, elevation), generation of command signals and their feeding into the missile's guidance system.
Thanks to its relatively small weight and size the Kh-31A missile can be employed from various air combat platforms, including moderately sized ones. The missile has passed state acceptance tests on a number of series-production front-line combat aircraft of the Russian Air Force. It makes part of weapon systems of modern combat aircraft, such as the Su-25, Su-27, Su-30, Su-34, MiG-29, etc., and can be adapted to other types of Russian or foreign-origin aircraft during their modernization.
The Kh-31A missile is suspended under the carrier aircraft with necessary links to its onboard systems, carried in flight and launched (or jettisoned in emergency, if required) by means of the AKU-58A missile ejection unit.
The export delivery set includes:
- delivery versions of the missile;
- ground support equipment;
- SPTA sets;
- missile restoration tools and accessories;
- operational documentation set.
1. Delivery missile versions
- Kh-31A combat missile;
- Kh-31A-IN airborne inert missile;
- Kh-31A-UL airborne in-flight training missile;
- Kh-31A-UD functional training missile;
- Kh-31A-UR sectional training missile.
2. Ground support equipment
Ground support equipment is a set of equipment for all missile versions' technical maintenance, preparation and automatic testing.
3. Operational sets of spare parts, tools and accessories include:
- single SPTA set;
- group SPTA set for one year.
4. Restoration spare parts, tools and accessories are supplied in accordance with the "List of tools and accessories for the Kh-31A missile restoration to be used together with the group SPTA set".
5. Operational documentation is provided for training flight crews and ground personnel to master correct operational and maintenance of the missile.
The optional services and works offered as follows:
- personnel training and technical assistance in maintaining and repairing of the system;
- assistance in adapting the missile to different carriers;
- designer supervision, guarantee and post-guarantee servicing;
- activities on extending missile's assigned service life, missile upgrading, etc.
Developer and manufacturer: Tactical Missiles Corporation